Illustration Friday "UNDER THE SEA"
|So really. You've seen all of my mermaids. If you haven't, they are here. But, I wanted to shake things up a bit. I know, I am one WILD and CRAZY gal! So, I am submitting "Vacationing Mermaid". And technically, the sea is in the background, so therefore she is under the sea. See? I'm thinking outside the box. Who said I wasn't brilliant? Oh. Everybody including myself? Okay then.|
|Yes, I realize that I have been MIA. Have I been busy painting? Hella Noah. First, these lovely people came to visit for a week:|
They are thinking of moving up here and I think that they definitely should. Even though I cut off the top of someone's head while taking a photo of an otherwise gorgeous family visiting Deception Pass, I never said I was a photographer, people. I never said that. The lovely woman in the photo is an old family friend (I've known her since she was in eighth grade!) from Cali who wants to escape all that is Cali. I think they should. Don't you? Does this family not scream, WE SHOULD LIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE. WE ARE FAR TOO TAN FOR OUR OWN GOOD?! If they lived in Washington, their skin would be the color of Lula. How could this not be appealing? Melanoma is never fun. We are very Ozone friendly! Not to mention that there is very little chance of seeing this, or heaven forbid THIS DANGEROUS CREATURE.
So, the week before the beautiful family came to visit was spent cleaning and organizing to thus trick gorgeous Cali people into thinking that we are moderately not white trashish- Thus our Evil Plan to trick them into thinking we are decent, upstanding members of the community ensues. We think said "evil plan" worked. They weren't quite as disgusted by us as anticipated- As far as we can tell. However, we still haven't gone over the benefits of rickets vs. Melanoma thus convincing them to move up here.
So then, the week comes and goes. Much fun was had and many a good laughs with said handsome family. Then it's back to business. Puppy business. I have decided to stop art biz when it comes time for puppies to find their way to their new homes. Which ironically, they don't do by themselves. Soooooooo . . . Contract, health guarantees, payment plans, and flight arrangements all need to be set. We're by no means a puppy mill with our six pups, but it's much more time consuming then it sounds- Especially if you like spending time with your family and dig a cleanish house. And these people you live with who you call your family (you did marry and give birth to them afterall . . . And not even to the same person!) typically expect you as the matriarch to feed them and supply cleanish clothes and stuff.
So no art. Just life as I know it. Which is pretty much on autopilot because my wee brain isn't big enough, or smart enough to handle much else. In fact, after a day of much busyness and running here and there from early afternoon until evening did I realize after getting into my pj's at 9:30 pm that my skirt was on sideways. Gee. I DO hope it was like that ALL day.
Oh, did I mention that we're also remodeling our bedroom and it's my job to tape, mud, texture, and paint the bedroom? Yeah. Been doing that as well. So, I lied. Painting yes. On walls. Not canvas. But I will participate this week's Illustration Friday. Oh yes. It will be done.
My Art in Easter's Edition of Seattle Times Macy's Ad!
|Oy vey. My girlfriend Jeannie called me Sunday (Easter) to ask if my art was in a Macy's ad. |
Jeannie: Well, it looks like one of your divas. Did you do a diva with a Siamese cat?
Me: *thinking when DON'T I do a painting of a diva with a Siamese cat* Um, yeah. (I am very very articulate.)
Meanwhile, dog pees on couch and son in Easter clothing sits in pee. Son is crying and husband is yelling. Husband is yelling at the dog and I'm sure at me because I'm on the phone and not responding to the emergency situation with rags and soap at hand, and OH! the unsanitary conditions! Couch may have to be destroyed! And his parents are coming! His parents are coming! They will have nowhere to sit! Mass pandemonium and extreme chaos! All because a disgruntled 8 lb dog decides to pee in sheer anger for lack of daily alotted attention (which is pretty much constant) and decides that, hey- A GREAT way to acheive much needed attention is to urinate on the couch. I mean, who DOESN'T pee on couches to get attention? There's been many occasion where I myself have had to resort to this tactic.
Jeannie: Well, I don't know. I would pick up a copy of the Seattle Times and check it out. Because if it isn't your work somebody's in BIG trouble.
So, the in-laws should be here any moment for Easter dinner and I wildly abandon dinner (that I am cooking) and head out to the store. Guess what? It's my art! That's Dandle to the left and Bohemian to the right.
Do you like my Jon Bon Jovi haircut? And shouldn't I be rich off this ad? I think so. But sadly, I am not. No, not at all. The only thing I have to show for it is a couch that nobody wants to sit on.
Interview with The Raw Artist
|I was recently interview with Michel Leah, aka The Raw Artist of www.1millionpixelsartgallery. To read the interview, you can visit her blog, or your lazy butt can just scroll down. I recommend the former, because she's a very intriquing and talented artist. (and has very soothing a purty music on her website).|
21 QUESTIONS WITH THE RAW ARTIST
1) we get word that a meteor large enough to destroy earth will hit in 24 hours… how do you spend your last hours? Tracking down Tom Cruise. It's his fault somehow.
2) do you believe in reincarnation or do u think when your time is up that’s it? I believe in reincarnation, aliens, ghosts, and pop tarts.
3) you wake up tomorrow as someone else (past or present) -- who is it and why? My only request that it be anybody other than Paris Hilton . . . and of course Tom Cruise because it's probably his fault that I woke up as somebody else.
4) exquisite beauty or unmatched intelligence? Hm. Anna Nicole Smith keeps flashing in my mind which is really quite scary. But on the other hand I don't know if I could deal with having to do math every day. This is much too hard a question. It's hurting my brain. I need to rest now.
5) your partner/significant other, your mother, and your best friend can each have one word to describe you what word do you think they would use (answer before asking them)… then ask them and respond. Husband: Beeyatch. Mom: Smart. Best Friend: Perfect (She says this as a joke. Because I am so NOT.) Actual answers: Husband- Multifaceted. Mom- Joie de Vivre (Which means Joy of Life. I had to ask. Mom cheats. She used three words. In French. My head hurts. I need to rest.) Best Friend- Brilliant. (Which is why she is my best friend- Her remarkable ability to lie to me.)
6) you are on a nude beach… do you take it all off or just watch? Unless somebody pays me an exorbitant amount of money, the clothes stay on. Or unless I'm really drunk.
7) dog or cat person? Both. Got myself five dogs and three cats. There is much poop around here.
8) I turn on your cd or mp3 player on right now… what am I listening to? KT Tunstall, Carla Bruni, Joss Stone, Holly Palmer (I Confess Album), Nina Simone, Natasha Beddingfield, and a bit of Sia, Jem and Ani DiFranco.
9) what do you feel is your best characteristic… and what is your biggest fault? Best? I am good at multitasking. Worst? I forget what I'm doing. A LOT.
10) when I go to a hotel I bring my own sheets, pillow and flip-flops to where in the shower.. What are some of your quirks others may find unusual? I don't have any quirks! I can be quite annoying, but I am quirkless. I think that's my quirk.
11) you can change one thing about yourself… anything… what do u change? I need a quirk.
12) you wake up tomorrow with no desire to ever create art again… what do you do for a living? Professional Couch Potato and Wine Taster. (I can multitask professions.)
13) you’re currently reading… All Souls by Michael Patrick MacDonald and US Weekly for brain fluff.
14) your favorite movie of all time is… Heathers
15) your favorite actor & actress Scott Foley and Joaquin Phoenix are both my boyfriends right now, so I have to include them. Favorite actress? Keri Russell. I have an unhealthy obsession with Felicity actors. Perhaps this can be my quirk?
16) your most embarrassing moment is…. I have an uncanny ability to repress these memories. I know I did something recently. Probably yesterday. Or even this morning.
17) you’re afraid of…Bugs, heights and Donald Trump's hair.
18) you’re self conscious about….My hair. Which I cut myself. Jon Bon Jovi called and he wants it back.
19) three likes and three dislikes… please list… Likes: Cheesecake, Sparkly things, and the color red. Dislikes: Food smackers, Being ignored, and falling down.
20) your greatest accomplishment so far in your life… I don't wear t-shirts and stretch pants.
21) your epitaph will read…. She went down not wearing t-shirts and stretch pants.
TURNING THE TABLES….
… it is time to turn the tables… you can ask me any of the questions I’ve asked u or you are free to make up your own question.. Nothing is off limits… which question would u ask me and why? Why are you so purty and thin with good hair?
TOM CRUISE. i fly him out a few times a year 2 fix me up. u r right he is responsible for EVERYTHING!!
Illustration Friday "SPEED"
|This week's theme at Illustration Friday is "Speed". Here is my contribution:|