Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







WTH

Quick Update!

Forbearance

Easter 2009

Don't want to jinx it but . . .

HUGE Art by Shano SALE

Stoopid is as stoopid does

Safe Horses Charity Event

Unclad Art Show 2009

Heaven & Hell




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Sleepyhead


This would be a sneak peak into the making of this piece entitled "Sleepyhead": I worked with 4 different colors of paint. There was beige, burnt sienna, dark brown, and calypso orange. THIS WAS A FIRST. Typically I work with colors complement each other on the color wheel, or still with those that typically have a good working relationship with each other. But yet I wanted to stick to neutrals.

Currently, as in right this moment, there is a full moon and my body is feeling the strong emotional pull of autumn. Soft, quiet, soothing, misty, brooding, mysterious. I enjoy this piece because she is sensually calm. Should you approach, you would feel the heat and passion put into the artwork. When the object d'force is the bed and a half-dressed woman, one must beware the sleepy temptress. She's highly unpredictable in this state of half/sleep.
5 Comments:

Oooooh! I love the way you describe this... about your motivation in painting it, the feelings... her. Perfect.

5:33 AM  

Beautiful. Makes me excited for fall and sleep.

9:05 PM  

The kitty adds to her curves!
Hope all is well..
http://peoplehorsepet.barefootbooks .com/

3:18 PM  

I love it Shano. It's beautiful and so full of Autumn, And as I remember 20 years ago, YOU were the sleepy temptress. I assuming you still are.

7:21 AM  

Long time no post? Love your stuff as always. And HNY! xo

http://happyhappy2010.blogspot.com/

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home