Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Easter 2009

Don't want to jinx it but . . .

HUGE Art by Shano SALE

Stoopid is as stoopid does

Safe Horses Charity Event

Unclad Art Show 2009

Heaven & Hell

Too much of nothing

Oh, how ironic!

I was tagged for "25 Things"




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Monday, April 20, 2009
Forbearance
Last night I finished another painting in the Forbearance series. Why I decided to do something so large (18" x 24") in red is beyond me. One thing that digital cameras hate is red and purple, and this little doozy was far too large to scan. So therefore, hours were spent adjusting color, contrast, saturation, and exposure. Oy vey.

Here's the finished product:



Here's the trauma I endured:



Those smaller prints are artist's proofs. Want to know how much I spent on archival papers and inks? Yeah. I don't either.

Wanna know what else I had to endure this weekend? A bunch of crap movies. How often do I watch movies? Rarely. VERY rarely do I dedicate 2 hours at a time of sitting, and 4 hours of my weekend were wasted on brain melting stupidness that I'll never get back. Okay, yeah. The stupidness will come back to me in gobfuls, but I won't be sitting for it that long. I can almost guarantee it will be random, and it will involve public humiliation.

So first runner up in dumb movies du jour was the remake of Amityville Horror (although I fully appreciated Ryan Reynolds soaking wet and flexing his muscles.) All is not lost if you simply save your time and do a google search on screen shots of Ryan in the rain.

Winner of the Raspberry Awards was "Death at a Funeral". I think it was supposed to be funny. It wasn't. Trust me. I don't think I felt a flicker of amusement. My lips were never inclined to head North. Not even a smirk. Grimace, oh yeah. There was a poop of the face scene. That's the closest I came to smiling.

Ending it on a happy note is Ryan san shirt. He isn't wet here, but sweaty, angry, and wielding an ax. And that's hawt.

3 Comments:

Your blog post to a simpleton like me reads as follows...

Something about color, okay.Oooooh! Pretty horsey with me huggin' all up on it! Love it!blah blah blah... more words

*Squeal!* Half-naked Ryan Reynolds!!!!

Your blog posts are, like, the best. ever!

:)

Psst... you know I'm TOTALLY kidding, right?

I never really thought about what you have to endure in getting the colors just right, digitally. I hate taking photographs. It's hard work and they can always be a little better. (Ahem, read "a lot".)

That's honestly why most of my newest pieces never made it to the web before they went out the door. Too much work and they never look quite right.

Okay... so half-naked pic of Ryan WhateverHisLastNameIs is calling me... me likey your blog bling. Woo!!!!

I HEART YOU!!!! :)

5:55 AM  

Yep, can totally relate on the scan/archival ink/picture color thing. Sorry about the movies, I had one of those weekends a while back. I cried for the 4 hours I lost of my life. Even sadder is I don't even remember the titles. Oy vey is right :) LOL Beautiful painting btw, and Ryan's not half bad either :)

7:24 PM  

Had a giggle reading your blog,you have a gift with words! great naive paintings. bfn Janet

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home