Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Feeling good

Getting to know me in 2005

Illustration Friday "Envy"

Painting

Illustration Friday "Nourishment"

Where am I?

Compliment

Artist Statement

Illustration Friday "Daring"

Illustration Friday "Reinvent"




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Thursday, June 09, 2005
A VERY, very bad hair day
Let me premise this post with the fact that I have naturally dark blonde hair. Okay, dishwater blonde, if you will. Three times a year I go to the salon for a trim and a few strategically placed highlights to give me an overall "blonde" appearance. THIS time I was looking to do something new and exciting. I wanted a dark copper/red color on the underside of my hair with blonde and copper/red chunks highlights. Ya know, like EVERYBODY else is doing? When I tried to explain this to my hairdresser (who I had never gone to before because my beloved Megan up and moved to Oklahoma on me.) I should have known better. My new hairdresser had short hair. Big short hair. Short, big, and curly. And stiff. Extraordinarily stiff. Very short, big, curly and stiff. She had NO idea what I wanted and I did my best to explain it to her. Here's what I did NOT want:

1) To look like Donatella Versace.
2) To have my hair, skin and teeth to be the same color.
3) Have a lovely "brassy" look.
4) To look like I threw a bottle of Miss Clairol on my hair and take it off half way during the bleaching process.
5) To have dark roots immediately after leaving the salon.
6) To spend an exorbitant amount of money to look orange.

Ya'll, I did NOT desire this. AT ALL.

Here's a photo of me taken the day before. Granted it's cheesy and stupid, but I'm trying out doos for my upcoming gallery show and I never, ever curl my hair. I was going for the Portia de Rossi look here. Can't you tell? BAHHHAHAHAHA

Day before hair

And another (even more cheesy. Very Glamshots, don't you agree?)
Just a Cheesy photo

And this is the hideous monstrosity that I sport today:
My orange hairdoo

I'm oh so monotone now. UGH.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home