Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Illustration Friday "Hero"

What I did Saturday

The Reception

It's all good

Illustration Friday "Summer"

A VERY, very bad hair day

Feeling good

Getting to know me in 2005

Illustration Friday "Envy"

Painting




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Sunday, June 26, 2005
The Demo
Yesterday was the day that I had to do my "art demo" at the gallery. I was really dreading having to do it mostly because I am not particularity fond of people hovering over me, regardless of whether I'm painting or not. Secondly, I knew people were going to be watching me. Watching me paint! Watching me paint and having expectations- whatever they might be. So in actuality, it wasn't as horrid as I thought it would be . . . Which is typically the case in life and in general. My friend Jeannie sent me some old farmer quotes. Here's one that applies:

* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.

Here's some that I know but never seem to absorb into my itty-bitty blondish/orangish head:

* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin'.

But I digress. Back to the demo.

I'm not sure what demo protocol and etiquette should be. (i.e. Sit in gallery window and paint.) Do I greet and say "hello" to all that enter? Do I try to strike up conversation? Should I ignore them and just paint? Or do I just smile? I wasn't sure so I mixed it up and did a bit of all. Little do ya'll know how seriously neurotic I am about being watched when I paint. If I could make a little painting cocoon, I would. Another dilemma is that I need to sing and sing loudly. Hitting the correct notes is not of importance. Could I even paint without belting out Dido? I wasn't sure. So anyway, I sat down in front of the window and the first couple to watch me where actually putting the pressure on me to paint something . . . I had no idea what to paint. It was suggested that I do something coquettish (not much of a stretch for me, I know. Luckily I knew what coquettish meant. Ha! Just ya try and stump the orange/blonde girl!) I ended up painting this:


"Coquette Sisters"

It's actually been quite some time that I was able to paint creating something created out of my head. I've been doing only commissioned pieces and art for logos for weeks, if not months, and they have all been very specific in need.

Oh! And so then at the end of the demo, my friends Cindy, Kaysha, Lee and Dan all drove from a far away land to come and see me! I was so honored that they trekked all that way! Thanks guys!

Anyway, have a good Sunday. I need to get to work. PS. Listen to Collective Soul's last two albums. They are sure not to disappoint. I've been a fan for quite some time and would have been an even bigger fan had I known how smokin' hot they are.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home