Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Sick and Tired

Lula

Support our Troops

Night!

Charity Auction that you missed because I suck

Mission in Life

Busy busy girl

Personality Test

Cotillion Divas

Forbearance




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Saturday, November 26, 2005
Illustration Friday "SMALL"
If Wishes Were Horses III

My husband's aunt has MS for years now. It is such a terrible, crippling disease. When I first met his aunt she was in a wheel chair but could still talk, had use of her hands, and drink on her own through a straw. Over the last ten years, the disease has taken over every muscle in her body to where she can no longer hold a gaze, or control her speech. It all makes me feel very small and helpless to make her feel better- or do anything to help. But, as it turns out she was once quite an athletic horsey-girl. I obtained a few photos from my mother-in-law and created this painting inspired by her and her Morgan horse. I'm happy to say that the art gave her happiness- if even for just for a few moments.

$5 from each IF WISHES WERE HORSES III print sold is donated to www.nationalmssociety.org to help end the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis.
8 Comments:

i hope that she rides horses in her dreams! love your illo and your writings

11:23 AM  

Nice illo and emotive history !

11:54 AM  

Hello shano. i'm just blown away by your illustrations. this week is just beautiful - it looks so peaceful, but only with the explanation do you realise how devastating it is.

I also like your "smiling" image at the start of the page; I took a look around your flickr gallery and just think you have an incredible style.

I'll be spending a bit of time in your studio now.. Thanks for sharing your work!

Chris.

3:18 PM  

My partner and I host an MS walk every year (among many other charitable events) and have met quite a few wonderful people over the years.
I think what you are doing is awesome! More people need to realize there are others that need our help.
Absolutely fabulous piece of art!

7:59 PM  

This is a beautiful painting and a very touching story. Your paintings always have such a dreamy quality to them with deep rich colors...and this one is gorgeous!

7:13 AM  

This is beautiful. Dreamy and mystical.
You color choices are stunning!

8:31 AM  

I have to agree with Carla, there is a very rich quality in your choice of color palette. The figure is very elegant and free. Absolutely Beautiful work!

11:37 AM  

Yet another example of why I'm addicted to Shano's artwork! :-)

Shano, I sent the link to this to my ex-husband because his mother has MS and is in the same condition. It IS awful. I think this print would be a wonderful gift for her!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home