Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Illustration Friday "SMALL"

Sick and Tired

Lula

Support our Troops

Night!

Charity Auction that you missed because I suck

Mission in Life

Busy busy girl

Personality Test

Cotillion Divas




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Friday, December 02, 2005
Illustration Friday "BLUE"
Blue? Illustration Friday wants Blue. I'll give them blue. I got BLUE up the kazoo (hey! I made a rhyme! I'm a poet and didn't know it.) So what better illo this week than my "Blues Woman"?

Blues Woman

It never ceases to amaze me how many people ask what ethnicity my divas are. Actually, they don't ask, they tell me what they think they are. "Oh, she must be Hawaiian." Or, "She's Billie Holiday, isn't she?" they ask. Or, "Did so and so inspire this painting?" For the record, I sit down and paint. What shows up and presents itself is as much as shock to me as the next person. My divas don't have ethnicities or names or histories. They just are.

And we want to know more about them. They are those exotic women that you pass on the street or meet briefly and wonder about. Surely their lives are exciting and completely lacking of insecurities. They must have lots of money, glamorous jobs, and great sex. I know no more about them than you do. So think what you will . . . Just make sure it's good.
8 Comments:

She certainly is exotic! Your colours are beautiful :)

11:20 PM  

I don't really care what nationality your women are. They are just plain good. This one especially spoke to me. I love the contrast with the blue and the red. Real Nice.

12:46 AM  

The texture and the colours are beautiful. she makes me feel like a long island iced tea. mmm...

4:04 AM  

Beautiful. Lovely features. I like the finishing.

4:34 AM  

BEAUTIFUL, I say in capital letters, everything it´s great, colors, look eyes, flowers in the hair, and the sensual neckline !!!

4:36 AM  

She is so elegant and exotic, smooth as velvet with those huge eyes. What a beauty! Okay...there is a Keb' Mo' song on his first album about a man who longs for this rich, beautiful, sophisticated woman...he is in love with her from afar, because they live in different worlds. I thought of her when I saw this painting. So, so beautiful, Shano:>

7:50 PM  

love the style and colors

6:25 AM  

I had to leave a comment on this entry. I'm sorry I missed this one. Your divas are absolutely beautiful, elegant, sensual and more! Your choice of colors are rich. Amazingly Beautiful work!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home