Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

My Photo
Name:
Location: Camano Island, Washington, United States

I like cheesecake, horses, sparkly pretties, and painting. I dislike listening to people chew, stalkers, and a bunch of other things. My favorite color is red.







Blackhole

The Demo

Illustration Friday "Hero"

What I did Saturday

The Reception

It's all good

Illustration Friday "Summer"

A VERY, very bad hair day

Feeling good

Getting to know me in 2005




Ugliest Tattoos
i can has cheezburger
Passive Aggressive Notes
Best of Craigslist
You Suck at Craigslist
Fail Blog
ROFL Razzi
Awkward Family Photos






Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Dog Drama
I can run, but I can't hide. Drama abounds.

Yesterday two of our dogs disappeared- One of them being a puppy. We have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on the electronic dog collars, especially the "stubborn dog" extra strength collar, but our male no longer seems to care that he is being shocked when he gets to close to our fenced perimeter. I have even shaved his neck where the prongs touch skin. I have even checked to see if the durn collar was working by putting my fingers on the prongs and walking towards the perimeter wire. Let me tell you, I'm STILL afraid to walk next to the fence, I simply cannot fathom the thought of the stupid thing being around my neck.

We've also microchipped our dogs and they wear their collars with the tags to call the AVID number if one of them gets lost. Which apparently AVID is not too quick to respond to calls, from what the woman who found my dogs said. But then I highly suspect that she was either very drunk, very stoned, or all of the above.

The funny thing is, I was just going ON and ON about how wonderful my dogs are and how happy they make me in a telephone conversation to my mother Sunday. Must I jinx myself? Stupid, daft orange/blonde girl.

So anyway, my husband I spent HOURS yesterday combing the countryside for our dogs. I was just frantic. I called the animal shelters, police dispatch, and even drove to the animal shelters and was on my way to the police station when my husband called to let me know that AVID called and had found my dogs with the drunk/stoned lady.

After our dogs were safely home, we received another call from somebody who were told we were missing our dogs, and they had found a large sheltie, and did we want it? Um? No.

This morning, and hour out of being let out, Big Dummy, our large male, made a beeline through large fields and to the closest busy road he could find. He is now in solitary confinement, also known as being chained to the front porch.

Ya'll, we have acreage where these dogs are free to run and play. So why? Why must they try to find greener pastures to roam? Ugh. Chaos and drama, and escapee dogs.

(*Edited to add: The puppy does not have an electronic collar because he's too young to wear it yet. Typically, he stays with the other dogs wearing the collar who DO seem to dislike being shocked and DO stay in the yard. This time, however, he followed his Big Dummy father out onto the street. Like father, like son.)
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home