Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

Friday, March 02, 2007
Illustration Friday "HIDE"
This week's theme at Illustration Friday is "hide". My submission for this week may need to do a little 'splaining. See, at one time she had two arms. But compositionally it was better that she had one arm. I thought it better that she "hide" the other for just a bit- for safe keeping - or for when it can be better utilized.

Goth Girl

This girl was actually inspired by Manko, one of the Suicide Girls. (She has blue hair on her My Space page.) I have never sought out other people as muses . . . Well strangers actually. I do it for clients and friends quite a bit. But never artistically stalked anyone. This is a first.

Anyway, if you like the print, she can be found here: Goth Girl
11 Comments:

cool stuff. The styling is great.

10:14 AM  

Cool! Nice composition!

10:45 AM  

great composition and style you have for this illustration!

4:23 PM  

Ah ha! I see your logic with "hide". I love the way her body sweeps across the page, so dynamic.

Thanks for your comments on my blog by the way! I wish you all the best too.

2:52 AM  

i agree that putting her other arm in to hiding was the right move here. lov the sweep of curvs here

7:11 AM  

Wonderful composition, Shano. She looks very elegant with her hidden arm :)

8:20 AM  

if you hadn't explained it, i never would have guessed why you chose that one for "Hide". looks great.

12:15 PM  

I also don't think she could hide anything in that dress ;) LOVE the suicide girls!

12:31 PM  

very cool image!

6:48 PM  

i love the illo and the girl in real life is pretty amazing! She is a good model for your art! What is a suicide girl really? Sorry I'm not hip at all!

10:50 AM  

Hi Shano,
One great and charming lady like you !
Beautiful illo!
I don't know Suicide girls! Sorry!
Have an excellent and happy week !

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home