Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

Saturday, December 30, 2006
Illustration Friday "PHOENIX" and Xmas Stuff
Hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was fabulous. Went to Vegas to visit my family for four days. It was nice to see the family. Received many a fine gift, did more shopping, conspired with sisters, lost money gambling, gained 4 lbs from the copious amounts of free-flowing carbs that me Mum displays in an artful arrangement. Didn't take any photos this year due to the huge third chin I was sporting. Honestly, I have never had a bigger zit/cyst in my life. Jay Leno had nothing on me.

My 86 year old grandma took me aside to let me know that she warned my husband that he'd better treat me right and take good care of me, or else she would haunt him. ("And I'm serious" she tells me with a stern look.) However, said husband didn't mention their serious talk. Hm.

Flew home during severe weather "Wind Warnings" for all of Nevada. And oh gee. Did I mention how vr vr much I JUST LOVE FLYING? Thank gawd for happy pills and a bloody mary. But arrived home safely and all animals are alive, fat and happy. (Much like 4 lb heavier self.) And I have a New Year's Resolution this year and that is to keep better track of finances and find out where all my money is going. Candles? Wine? Clothing? Mochas?

Okay, so on to Illustration Friday submission. This image has always reminded me of someplace deserty. Could be Phoenix, AZ. - Am brilliant!

Lone Cowgirl

"Lone Cowgirl" can be found here.
9 Comments:

They got some mighty fancy-shmancy horses in Phoenix!

3:00 PM  

Hey Shano! I think I beat you this holiday season by 1lb! I love your cowgirl...she's perfect for the topic:> Happy New Year!

3:32 PM  

Hi Shano,
I whish you an Happy New Year !
Peace,love,happiness, full of imagination and beautiful creations!
I love the horse and the cow girl !
Take care!

7:07 PM  

lol well since i lived in phx i can tell u it dosent remind me of any place i remember but hey so wht i still like it.
actually i thought the horeses name might be Phoenix and u where doing something totally different from the rest of us with slight twist to the theme. maybe if ur grass was a lil more brown lol they have a lot of brown grass out there they waste water on trying to make it green like ur pic. so maybe it is phx in a dreamy sorta way.

7:38 AM  

Glad to hear your holiday was so fun! Dont worry about the 4 lbs - we all gained it so I figure we are all now back to square one! Hope your New Years is wonderful!!

7:50 PM  

Happiest of new years to you Shano. Keep up your great work. And please post pic of zit soon!! :-)

9:01 AM  

Happy New Year, Shano!!! Love the painting.wish I could ride a horse, but I don't want to kill them seeing as how carbs and I are BFFs since childhood.

4:02 PM  

great drawing!

1:09 PM  

Nothing like a grandma to put the evil eye on a loved one. Merry New Year!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home