Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

Thursday, November 09, 2006
My TIVO dunn up and quit me
We all have our weaknesses. We all have our addictions. Mine started about 3 years ago when I first heard the prerequisite "I'm embarrassed to admit this . . . But, I watch Gilmore Girls!" and I thought, "HA! Poor WB losers! Simpleton with your dumb-dumby affliction for teen melodramas! (Dumb-Dumb being one of my ALL time favorite snubby put-downs). So anyway, how many times can you POSSIBLY hear that Gilmore Girls is anybody's secret favorite without hitting eBay and and purchasing the entire first season all for yourself and watching the forbidden contraband in hiding? What's that? You want me to come over for a chat? Oh no. I would, but I just SO far behind on um. Painting. Yeah. BIG commissions. These people are just HUGE painting Nazis . . . And thus let the Gilmore Girls euphoria continue.

I must preface by stating that I have an unnatural love and obsession for small town movies, t.v. shows, and fiction. Carry on then.

So the first time I saw Gilmore Girls (Stop the damn giggling! This is very. VERY serious stuff, damn it!) I thought (as well as everybody else on the planet) Oh good Lord, the acting is AWFUL and staged. Yet strangely hypnotic. The dialog is witty. The repertoire is excruciating rapid. Characters flawed, colorful, every day intriguing. I was so hooked.

My name is Shano and I'm addicted to Gilmore Girls.

Then one very bad day the WB turns into the CW and my TIVO is thrown for a loop. C? W? I get the whole "W" part. What what is up with the "C"? Completely bewildered is my poor mentally-challenged and beloved TIVO. I tried explaining to the poor simpleton, the channel is 11 is STILL channel 11. Don't worry. It's still there! Look! See? Channel 11? It just had an identity crisis and we'll work this all out. And in the meantime, please be a dear and record the ONLY CW/WB show worthy of recording? Oh? You will? You have my Gilmore Girls all set up? GREAT.

Whatever I did to my backstabbing TIVO is beyond me. I told it, "Hey. Gilmore Girls very is special to me. My priority. Just between you and me, I NEED this show. You know this, Riiiiiigggghhhhttt?"

And it said, "YES! I will tape it. It is a priority! YES! YES! YES! Three overlapping green thumbs up! Yay!"

So the first time it didn't record it and it said it would, I overlooked it. No biggie. Season premiere. It could happen. That's what eMule is for, right?

And it happened again. Double check. You SAID you would record Gilmore Girls, What the hell happened?!

I'm sorry! 'Was an oversight. See? 'To Do List'. Right here. The first time you had some dumb ass shows overlapping each other and I didn't know what to do, but now that you've told me NOT to record said dumb ass shows, we're good. Really. Gilmore Girls. Totally. I am SO on board!

Ya'll. After a couple SERIOUS talking to's with my TIVO . . . My muth e'ffing TIVO dunn up and cut me off from Girlmore Girls. I have it programmed for nothing BUT Gilmore Girls on Tuesday at 8 pm on the CW. It's been confirmed and reconfirmed for weeks. Do you know how embarrassing it is to admit that you watch the Gilmore Girls and to have your trusted friend, TIVO cut you off? What next? My morning coffee? My red wine? Power to the people! Big Brother is watching!

(Good Lord, I would never, EVAH watch Big Brother. Unless of course the whole group of drunken housemates moved to a small deciduous town where everybody knew each other and lived in quaint Quaker box houses and fashioned themselves in nothing but haute couture while conversing extraordinarily quickly all the while in an exceedingly witty dialog. Ha. Like THAT could happen.)

If you love Gilmore Girls throw your hands up in the air! Wave like you just don't care! Everybody say HEY. HEY-YAH!!
3 Comments:

OOh girl I know what you mean. I love love love that show. I'm broke so, I watch the reruns on abcfamily. a couple of weeks ago i missed a new episode cause my mom forced me to go to church so i went on youtube and there it was!!! I thought you'd like to know!! yay for another blog entry by the way.

5:22 PM  

So funny, My Comcast DVR is filled with Gillmore Girls episodes. Just too busy to catch up!!! Arg!

5:16 PM  

May I recommend my addictions: Scrubs, The Office, The Simpsons. :-)

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home