Art by Shano Website
    Shano's Etsy Store
    100 Things About Me
    Twitter Me
    See me on Instagram!
    Follow me on Pinterest

    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Art by Shano's Facebook Page
    Promote Your Page Too








    Locations of visitors to this page

    www.flickr.com
    Paintings & Illustrations Art by Shano's Paintings & Illustrations photoset

Thursday, August 03, 2006
Panic at the Disco
Okay, there wasn't a panic at the disco, but rather at the computer. The damn thing was acting all temperamental and stuff and I had to show it just who was boss. After hours of backing up files, disk defrags, scanning for viruses and spyware, my faithful puter seems to be minding it's P's and Q's. Good boy. Good Puter.

So I finally uploaded gobs of stuff that I have been working on the last few weeks . . . You didn't think that I wasn't painting did you? Well, I was and am. It's just harder in the summer because I have kids and have to like, feed them and keep them from killing and/or maiming themselves and stuff. So I'll share that stuff with you tomorrow after I receive my Illustration Friday theme of the week email. You never know if I'll have to use one of these images for a theme. (Please don't tell Penelope that I mildly cheat. Once in a while. Occasionally. Hardly ever.)

So yay. On to more random thoughts. I'm just like an idiot savant, minus the savant part.

I am enjoying:
Music. I have been so SICK of listening to the same music that I have been frequenting amazon looking for advice on good music. Thanks to people with fabulous taste and no lives, they offer lists of their favorite albums where you get to sample music. Here is who I am digging recently- (And my husband asks me, "Where do you find all this obscure music?") And NO, you will never have heard of these artists, but if you have, you rock. Literally. So check out Heather Nova, Vienna Teng, and Brandi Carlile.

More things I am enjoying:
Books. I am now reading The Color of Water by James McBride. I typically prefer female authors, but Mr. McBride is fab. He doesn't dick around with a bunch of overvealous adjectives and gets right to the point in his terrific memoir. A must read for everybody.

Then on a lighter note, there is Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin. Read both of these in a couple days. Intriguing brain fluff- You know. To keep the mind light and happy with drama that doesn't involve self.

Things I am not enjoying:
The thought that I might be one of those bl*ggers where you read their bl*g and think, "What the HELL are they talking about?"

See you tomorrow bright and early for Illustration Friday.
2 Comments:

Um, Heather Nova is awesome, I've been listening to her for ages. Have you ever listened to Holly McNarland? Good stuff.

7:05 AM  

Shano - I love Heather Nova. Thanks for sharing the others, I hadnt heard of them. If you like her you would love this one: Chantal Kreviazuk - The CD is called What if It all Means Something. The song called "In This Life" is so FRIEKEN awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007H044/sr=1-1/qid=1155310058/ref=sr_1_1/002-0035456-2122456?ie=UTF8&s=music

Also, if you are willing to go a little more alternative but not hard or anything, I just got these two:

Sia - Colour The Small One (On replay for me right now!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CNDIZE/sr=1-1/qid=1155310146/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-0035456-2122456?ie=UTF8&s=music

Azure Ray - November

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005YWIU/sr=1-4/qid=1155310216/ref=sr_1_4/002-0035456-2122456?ie=UTF8&s=music


Ok, thats all for now! Had to share, LOVE these ladies!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home